The Governor's KanCare Advisory Council was formed in March 2012 to provide the Administration with ongoing insight and recommendations on the implementation of KanCare. In addition to the Council, four External Stakeholder Workgroups met regularly to discuss details of the KanCare transition. The External Stakeholder Workgroups included Council members and other stakeholders invited by the Council members. The Council meets bimonthly. The External Stakeholder Workgroups held their final meetings in February 2013 before the members transitioned into two different workgroups for the purpose of providing input post-transition.
- Mary Barba, Topeka, representing developmental disabled Medicaid consumers
- DeeAnn Behrens, DDS, Kansas City, representing dentists
- Andy Brown, Lawrence, representing children’s advocate network
- Kevin Bryant, M.D., C.M.D., Wichita, representing nursing facility providers
- John Calbeck, M.D., Garden City, representing substance abuse providers
- Craig Concannon, M.D., FACP, Beloit, representing medical providers
- Mike Conlin, R.Ph, F.A.C.A., F.I.A.C.P., C.E.A.C., Topeka, representing community pharmacists
- Dave Geist, Dodge City, representing area aging agencies
- Jerry Henry, Kansas House of Representatives
- Walt Hill, Hays, representing mental health care providers
- Randy Johnson, MA, CPS, Lawrence, representing mental health care Medicaid consumers
- Steve Kelly, Newton, representing hospitals
- Larry Martin, Valley Falls, representing senior Medicaid consumers
- Barney Mayse, Overland Park, representing physically disabled Medicaid consumers
- Colin McKinney, Valley Center, representing developmental disability service providers
- David Sanford, Wichita, representing primary care providers
- Allen Schmidt, Hays, Kansas Senate
- Audrey Schremmer-Philip, Wamego, representing independent living centers
- Susette Schwartz, Wichita, representing health clinics and tribal organizations
Advisory Council Meeting Minutes
The next meeting of the Council is scheduled for July 16, 2013, in Topeka at 2 p.m. at the Curtis State Office Building, Room 530.
- March 12, 2013
- January 8, 2013
- November 13, 2012
- September 17, 2012
- July 9, 2012
- May 21, 2012
- March 29, 2012
KanCare External Stakeholder Workgroups
There were four external stakeholder workgroups associated with the implementation of KanCare. Each workgroup had well-rounded representation from constituency groups and at least one KanCare Advisory Council member. These workgroups collaborated with representatives from the KanCare Interagency Implementation Team to address issues impacting Medicaid beneficiaries and providers in Kansas.
The KanCare Workgroups were separated into four focus areas, with the minutes from their meetings posted within the respective links below:
- Managed Care Organizations
- Member Involvement and Protections
- Specialized Healthcare and Network Issues
Interested in Workgroup Membership?
Would you like to be a member of a work group that helps guide the KanCare program? The work group is called the Consumer and Specialized Issues (CSI) work group. We’re looking for people who receive KanCare services to help us by:
- Looking at information for people served by KanCare
- Sharing ideas for improving KanCare
- Helping resolve issues that may come up about KanCare
If you are a family member of someone receiving KanCare, you can also help. Just fill out the form you find here.
We also have a Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC). We would like to have people receiving KanCare or their family members on that committee, too. This committee helps us decide how to run our programs and how to know if they are working well.
Not everyone will be chosen. We want to have a variety of people in the groups. We also need to keep the groups the right size. If you need help to be a member, please tell us on the form.
We need to get your completed form by February 15, 2013. If you have questions, call Cheryl Coughlin at 785-296-8355.