Contact Us

Consumer Assistance

KanCare Clearing House (1-800-792-4884)

  • To apply by phone or if you have questions about applying
  • To check on your application or if you are having problems with application process
  • For renewals of applications
  • To change the Responsible Party on your case
  • To update your address and get your information

Managed Care Enrollment Center (1-866-305-5147)

  • To find out what managed care organization (MCO) you are assigned to
  • If you did not received an enrollment package
  • For reassignment or exceptions; to change your MCO

Families and Children (1-800-792-4884)
FAX Applications to: 800-498-1255

Elderly and Persons With Disabilities (1-800-792-4884)
FAX Applications to: 1-844-264-6285

Premium Billing: (1-866-688-5009) For questions about paying bills (CHIP and Working Healthy)

Health Plans (customer service lines) contact for these types of needs (these are just a few examples):

  • Haven’t received medical ID card/lost medical ID card
  • Change your primary care physician
  • To ask a question about a prescription drug
  • Find out if a service is covered
  • Help finding a doctor
  • To file a grievance or complaint about your MCO or one of it’s providers

Amerigroup: 800-600-4441, TTY: 711
Sunflower: 877-644-4623, TTY: 888-282-6428
United: 877-542-9238, TTY: #711

See this consumer Contact List for information and phone numbers to get your questions answered.

KanCare Ombudsman Office - The KanCare Ombudsman provides an independent and confidential resource for Kansas Medicaid members’, with a primary focus on individuals participating in an HCBS waiver program or receiving other long-term care services through KanCare, and assists members in resolving their concerns |