Policies & Reports
The State of Kansas has created a log to track implementation issues and their resolution. The Issues Log can be found here https://www.kmap-state-ks.us/documents/content/KanCareIssueLogs/KanCareIssueLogs.pdf. In addition to this KanCare Issues log, each managed care organization maintains an MCO-specific issues log on their respective website.
- Amerigroup Provider Issues Log and Amerigroup Member Issues Log
- Sunflower Issues Log
- United HealthCare Issues Log
In preparation for the transition to KanCare, the State of Kansas is preparing a series of Implementation Activities reports for CMS and will post them here as they are submitted. The State is also working with CMS to amend existing 1915(c) waivers to incorporate them into KanCare. Those drafts will also be posted here and will demonstrate critical beneficiary protections built into the transition.
- Approved PD Waiver: Entire Application (As approved effective 1-1-13)
- Approved TBI Waiver: Entire Application
- Approved FE Waiver: Entire Application
- Approved SED Waiver: Entire Application
- Approved Autism Waiver: Entire Application
- Approved TA Waiver: Entire Application
- DD Services Pilot Summary
- Implementation Activities Report: Returned Mail Tracking
- Implementation Activities Report: Outreach and Communications
- Implementation Activities Report: Enrollment Verification Process
- Implementation Activities Report: Call Center Coordination
- Implementation Activities Report: KanCare Consumer Ombudsman (Updated)
- Implementation Activities Report: Front End Billing Solution
MCO Readiness Review Process
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment contracted with Mercer Government Human Services Consulting to work with the State to assess the readiness level of the three selected KanCare companies – United Healthcare, Amerigroup and Sunflower State Health Plan (Centene). The readiness reviews consisted of a document request and desk audit followed by an onsite visit for each MCO. Click here to access a Summary of the Readiness Review Process.
Network Adequacy Reporting
The health plans (KanCare companies) are required to meet certain Geo-Access Requirements in achieving network adequacy. Click here to access the Required Geo-Access Standards.
The State works with its External Quality Review Organization to review and summarize reports submitted by the plans. Click here to see an updated summary and comparison of physical and behavioral health networkas of May 6, 2013 (submitted May 15th) by major provider type. Here is a report of HCBS service providers by county with each MCO (updated; includes number of counties in which two or more providers of each service are available). The MCOs are continuing to build their networks and are required to have mitigation strategies to ensure access for all Medicaid beneficiaries.
You can also search the plans’ online provider directories for specific providers.