Resource Information

KanCare Ombudsman Resources

  1. Who Should I Call - Consumers: Three-page information sheet with important KanCare and related agency contact numbers.
  2. KDHE Facts Sheets
  3. Assistance for Those Without Insurance or High Spend Down: Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental -- Clinics in Kansas that take low income patients based on eligibility and a sliding scale. It also includes pharmacy assistance.
  4. KanCare Grievances Process
  5. KanCare Appeal and Hearing Process
  6. Eligibility and Renewal Grievance Process
  7. Eligibility and Renewal Hearing Process
  8. KCDC Disability Services Maps 2018
  9. Children and Families Applications (scroll to bottom of web page)
  10. Elderly and Disabled Applications (scroll to bottom of web page)
  11. Medicare Savings Program Application (scroll to bottom of web page)
  12. Application Assistance: see 6 documents in table below
FileTypeSizeUploaded onDownload
Flow Chart for KanCare Application ProcessPDF281.32 KB31 Jan, 2017 Download
Application FAQsPDF528.17 KB16 Mar, 2017 Download
Application ChecklistPDF341.11 KB16 Mar, 2017 Download
Documentation Checklist for KanCare ApplicationsPDF652.46 KB16 Aug, 2017 Download
Submitting a Change to KanCare ClearinghousePDF288.92 KB31 Jan, 2018 Download
Application Assistance GuidePDF212.97 KB01 Mar, 2018 Download

Additional Resources

  1. Understanding Long Term Care Thank you to Prescott Country View, Prescott, KS for sharing this valuable document
  2. KanCare Clearinghouse Voicemail Menu
  3. FAQ Good Cause Reasons to Change Your Plan
  4. Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) provides oversight for a system of community based supports and services for persons in Kansas with disabilities
  5. How to Apply for Medicare
  6. Consumer Access Guide to HCBS Services in Kansas


  1. Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information: for an individual to get release of information for organizations, providers, or a class of persons (like a targeted case manager or care coordinator)

  2. Medical Representative Authorization: for persons on Medicaid to authorize (allow) another person to help them with medical calls, paperwork, etc. If the person assisting is a DPOA or Guardian, they must include that paperwork with this form. Read the form carefully for details.

  3. Authorized Representative Designation Form: for Appeals, Hearings and Grievances

  4. Third Party Liability Insurance Update